- Which account type should I choose?
- High School Student: select this option if you are currently a high school student and you are applying for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing. Winners and runners-up of the award get exclusive access to opportunities, such as jobs and scholarships, from NCWIT members.
- College Student: select this option if you are currently a college student. College students can apply to join the Aspirations in Computing Community and apply for the NCWIT Collegiate Award.
- Educator: select this option if you are an educator who is endorsing one or more student applications for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing.
- Affiliate Team Member: select this option if you are a team member of an Aspirations Community group and will be helping with the Aspirations application season, local award ceremony, and other logistics.
- Coordinator: select this option if you are an affiliate community leader who is volunteering to host and support a local chapter of the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing.
- Reviewer: select this option if you are volunteering to complete reviews for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing. Reviews do not begin until November. Reviewers are also needed for the Educator Award, the Collegiate Award and AspireIT program applications.
High School Students
- How do I apply for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing? Follow the instructions in the Application Step-by-Step guide to create an account and begin an application.
- When can I apply for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing? The application season begins at 12:00 p.m. EDT on September 1, 2016 and goes until 11:59 p.m. EST November 7, 2016.
- When is the parent/guardian approval & educator endorsement deadline? The parent/guardian approval and educator endorsement deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST November 14, 2016.
- How does my parent/guardian approve my participation in the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing? When you create your account, your parent/guardian is notified via e-mail to approve your participation. Have your parent/guardian follow the Approval Step-by-Step guide to complete the approval process. You may resend the approval e-mail to your parent/guardian from your dashboard.
- How does my educator endorse my application? Upon submitting your application, your educator will receive an e-mail asking them to complete an endorsement for your application. Educators are required to have an account in order to complete an endorsement. Have your educator follow the Endorsement Step-by-Step guide to complete the endorsement. You may resend the endorsement e-mail from your dashboard after you have submitted your application.
- Can I submit further information to support my application? Unfortunately, we cannot accept supporting materials for applications.
- If I have already won an NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing, can I apply again? Yes, you may reapply, but you are only able to win the National Award once.
- When will I be notified that I have won? Notifications for the National Award are sent out in mid-December and notifications for the local Affiliate award are sent by January 31 of the following year. The award ceremonies take place from January through May of the following year.
- How do I nominate a teacher for an Educator Award? We do not have nominations, but we do have a form where you can encourage your teacher to apply for the award. Once your educator has applied, he/she will enter a student endorser, and you will be able to add your comments about the educator at that time.
- I didn't receive my endorsement e-mail for an application, can you resend it? Each student who submits an application has the ability to resend the endorsement e-mail from her dashboard. Please have that student log in and follow the on-screen instructions from her dashboard. Please note: many e-mail addresses from public education institutions, such as those ending in .k12.us, block e-mails from aspirations.org. Have your student use a different e-mail address for you if you continue to not receive e-mails from aspirations.org.
- What is the deadline for the endorsement for my students? The endorsement deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on November 14, 2016. Please have all endorsements submitted by that date.
- I have a student I would like to nominate for the award, how do I do that? We do not have nominations, but we do have a form where you can encourage your student to apply for the award. Once your student has applied they will select an educator endorser, and you will be able to add your comments about the student at that time.
- I didn't receive my approval e-mail, can you resend it? Each student who creates an account has the ability to resend the approval e-mail from her dashboard. Please have your daughter/ward log in and follow the on-screen instructions from her dashboard. If you continue to not receive the approval e-mails, your daughter/ward may download the approval documents. Please sign those documents and have your daughter/ward upload them to her profile. You may also fax the documents to NCWIT at 303-735-6606, attention to Aspirations Award Approvals.
- How do I approve my daughter's participation? Please see the Approval Step-by-Step guide or follow the instructions listed above for uploading the approval documents.
- What is the deadline to approve my daughter's registration? The approval deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on November 14, 2016. Please have all approvals submitted by that date.