- Which account type should I choose?
- High School Student: select this option if you are 13 or older, in grades 9 through 12, and applying for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing. Award recipients have exclusive access to opportunities, such as jobs and scholarships, from NCWIT members.
- College Student: select this option if you are a college student and would like to become an AspireIT Leader. To register for the Aspirations in Computing Community, or to apply for the NCWIT Collegiate Award, please visit college.aspirations.org. You may login using the same email and password.
- Educator: select this option if you are an educator who is endorsing one or more student applications for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing and/or applying for the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Educator Award.
- Affiliate Team Member: select this option if you are a team member of an Aspirations Affiliate Community and will be helping with the Aspirations application season, local award ceremony, and other logistics.
- Coordinator: select this option if you manage an Aspirations Regional Affiliate team (requires administrator approval).
- Reviewer: select this option if you are volunteering to complete reviews for any of the Aspirations in Computing awards or programs, including the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Educator Award, the Collegiate Award, and AspireIT.
High School Students
- How do I apply for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing? Follow the instructions in the Application Step-by-Step Guide to create an account and begin an application.
- When can I apply for the 2019 NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing? The 2019 application season opens at 8:00 p.m. MDT on September 1, 2018 and closes at 8:00 p.m. MST on Monday, November 5, 2018.
- When is the parent/guardian approval and educator endorsement deadline? Parent/guardian approval of, and educator endorsement of, an application is required by 8:00 p.m. MST on Monday, November 12, 2018.
- How does my parent/guardian approve my participation in the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing program? When you create your account, your parent/guardian is notified via e-mail to approve your participation. Have your parent/guardian follow the Approval Step-by-Step guide to complete the approval process. You may resend the approval e-mail to your parent/guardian from your dashboard.
- What if my parent/guardian does not have an email address? If your parent or guardian does not have an email address, they may download and follow the fax instructions. You may also upload the signed forms to your dashboard.
- Who can endorse my application? The endorsement for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing can be completed by a formal or informal educator (e.g., teacher, counselor, mentor, coach, professor, supervisor, etc.). The endorser is not restricted only to your CS teacher(s); it can be anyone who is familiar with your computing experience, achievements, and interests. If you are unsure if your endorser qualifies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the support widget.
- How does my educator endorse my application? Upon submitting your application, your educator will receive an e-mail asking them to complete an endorsement for your application. Educators are required to have an account in order to complete an endorsement. Have your educator follow the Endorsement Step-by-Step guide to complete the endorsement. You may resend the endorsement e-mail from your dashboard after you have submitted your application.
- Can I submit further information to support my application? Yes, there is an optional space in the application to provide links to further information such as a personal website or project portfolio. However once you have submitted your application, no new information can be added.
- If I have applied in the past for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing, can I apply again? Applicants may reapply each year; however, National Award winners are not eligible to win again. Regional Affiliate Award programs allow repeat recipients at their own discretion.
- When will I be notified of the results of my application? Notifications for the National Award are sent out in early January and notifications for the Regional Affiliate Award are sent by mid-February 2019. The award ceremonies take place through May 2019.
- How do I nominate a teacher for the NCWIT Educator Award? We do not have nominations, but we do have a form where you can encourage your teacher to apply for the award.
- How do I apply for the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Educator Award?
- First, create or update an aspirations.org account here.
- Educators can apply for the Regional Affiliate Award, beginning on September 1, 2018 and no later than 8:00 p.m. MST on Monday, November 19, 2018.
- National Educator Award applications open in January 2019 and are by invitation only.
- Learn more about the AiC Educator Award here.
- How do I endorse a student for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing? Please see the Endorsement Step-by-Step guide to complete an endorsement.
- I didn't receive my endorsement e-mail for an application, can you resend it? Each student who submits an application has the ability to resend the endorsement e-mail from her dashboard.
- >>> Please have that student log in and follow the on-screen instructions from her dashboard.
- Please note: many e-mail addresses from public education institutions, such as those ending in .k12.us, block e-mails from aspirations.org. Have your student use a different e-mail address for you if you continue to not receive e-mails from aspirations.org.
- What is the deadline for me to endorse for my students?
- The educator endorsement deadline is 8:00 p.m. MST on Monday, November 12, 2018.
- Please have all endorsements submitted by that date.
- I have a student who I would like to nominate for the award. How do I do that? We do not have nominations, but we do have a form where you can encourage your student to apply for the award. Once your student has applied, they will select an educator endorser, and you will be able to add your comments about the student at that time.
- How do I approve my daughter's participation? Please see the Approval Step-by-Step guide.
- I didn't receive my approval e-mail, can you resend it?
- Each student who creates an account has the ability to resend the approval e-mail from her dashboard.
- >>> Please have your daughter/ward log in and follow the on-screen instructions from her dashboard.
- If you continue to not receive the approval e-mails, your daughter/ward may download the approval documents. Please sign those documents and have your daughter/ward upload them to her profile.
- You may also fax the documents to NCWIT at 303-735-6606, attention to Aspirations Award Approvals.
- Still stuck? Reach out to us at AiChelp@ncwit.org.
- What is the deadline to approve my daughter's registration?
- The approval deadline is 8:00 p.m. MST on Monday, November 12, 2018.
- Please have all approvals submitted by that date.