Alabama Digital Skills Initiative
NCWIT works with computing and technical leaders in the region to identify skill sets and training opportunities that align with employers’ needs. The end goal is to offer a diverse menu of online and in-person choices for women of the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing (AiC) Community as well as those who qualify through the Alabama Digital Skills Pilot, regardless of their location or schedule. These opportunities will be paid through the Digital Skills grant at no cost to the participant.
View the list of current technical training opportunities online.
By early 2020, NCWIT will announce additional technical training opportunities for qualifying women. Among the current courses to be offered are Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Science, UX/ UI, Project Management; more will be offered in the future.
This opportunity is currently open to the following:
- NCWIT Aspirations in Computing (AiC) Community Members
AiC Community members may be eligible if they are:
- currently living in the Alabama area, or hoping to return to the Alabama area to seek employment
- have a desire to increase computing skills and/or further a technology-related career
2. Alabama Digital Skills Pilot Participants
Individuals in Alabama who self-identify as women, genderqueer, or non-binary may be eligible through the pilot if they are:
- re-entering the workforce with interest in a computing/ technology career
- considering changing careers with a new career in computing/ technology
- already in a technical computing role but wish to advance their career with additional digital skills
- View the list of current technical training opportunities online.
- Ready to apply? Please fill out the application online.
- Interested, but want more information? Please complete the interest form.
- If you have already received funding for a technical training opportunity through NCWIT, please note before you can apply for a second opportunity, you must have successfully completed the first course, including any certifications, as well as conducted an exit interview with the NCWIT Evaluation team. Funding for technical training is limited to two opportunities for qualified participants and all requests for additional funding will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Interested in proposing your own course or training opportunity? Have questions about the technical training opportunities or Alabama Digital Skills Initiatives? Please contact the NCWIT Regional Initiative Director, Stephanie Weber, at email@example.com.