The NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Educator Award (sponsored by AT&T) publicly celebrates educators who encourage high school women’s interest and participation in technology pursuits. Educator Award recipients form a national community of peers, share practices, and empower other educators to encourage the participation of women in computing.
Applications for the 2017 Aspirations in Computing Educator Award are now closed.
Any teacher, counselor, administrator, mentor, or other influencer who supports high school women’s passion for computing and technology is welcome to apply if he or she meets all of the following criteria:
- Applicant resides in the U.S. or is a U.S. citizen residing in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, or on a U.S. overseas military base.
- Applicant has a valid U.S. Tax Identification or Social Security Number.
- Applicant has endorsed a completed 2018 Award for Aspirations in Computing application (for high school women). Endorsements must be completed by November 14, 2017.
- Applicant is not an NCWIT employee and has no immediate family relationship with employees, extended staff, contractors or board members of NCWIT (including spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren and persons residing in the same household).
Past Educator Award winners are eligible to reapply.
Each Educator Award recipient receives:
- $250 in cash and up to $750 for participation in computing-related professional development activities
- recognition at a local Affiliate Award event and increased visibility in his or her school district and community
- NCWIT resources and promotional items
- an engraved award for both the Educator and his or her school
To the extent required by law, NCWIT will report the value of the Award prizes to the IRS on Form 1099. Taxes, where applicable, are the responsibility of the Award winner.
Educators can apply online beginning September 1.
Prior to November 14, 2017, Educators must also endorse a high school woman for the 2018 CWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing. To complete an endorsement, please see this Step-by-Step Guide.
All application materials become the property of NCWIT; they cannot be released for other purposes and will not be returned.