The NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Educator Award (sponsored by AT&T) publicly celebrates high school educators who encourage girls’ interest and participation in technology pursuits. Educator Award recipients form a national community of peers, share practices, and empower other educators to encourage the participation of girls in computing.
Applications for the 2016 Aspirations in Computing Educator Award have closed.
All teachers, counselors, administrators, mentors, and other educators who encourage girls’ interest and participation in technology pursuits are welcome to apply.
Each Educator Award recipient receives:
- $250 cash award
- recognition at a local Aspirations Award event and increased visibility in his or her school district and community
- up to $750 for participation in computing-related professional development activities
- an engraved award for both the educator and his or her school
To apply, educators must complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Prior to November 9, 2015, educators must also endorse a high school woman for the Award for Aspirations in Computing. To complete an endorsement, please see this Step-by-Step Guide.
Immediate Family (including spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren and persons residing in the same household) of employees, extended staff, contractors or board members of NCWIT are prohibited from receiving the award.
For frequently asked questions about applying and endorsements, please visit our FAQ page.
To become a reviewer for the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Educator Award applications, please create an account here.
Note: Applicants may re-apply each year.