NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Community
A college entry point into the Aspirations Community is available for technical women in college who weren’t previously exposed during high school.
Benefits to young women who become part of this vast network include:
- private invitations to virtual and in-person meetups
- visibility for technical achievements
- computing outreach programs in local communities for growing members’ leadership and entrepreneurial skills
- hands-on activities for exploring computer science concepts
- exclusive access to scholarships, internships, and job opportunities
Applications for the Aspirations in Computing Community are always open.
A college woman may apply to the Aspirations Community if she meets the following criteria:
- She attends an NCWIT Academic Alliance institution.**
- She majors or minors in computing.
- She has maintained a qualifying GPA.
* Winners of the Award for Aspirations in Computing are automatically inducted and need not apply.
**If your school is not currently an NCWIT Academic Alliance member, a faculty member can sign up to join (it's free!) by filling out the Academic Alliance Membership Form.
To apply, collegiate women must first register online. Click here to begin registration.
The Aspirations in Computing Community is financially supported by Bloomberg with college entry sponsorship and additional support by HPE and Qualcomm.
NCWIT Collegiate Award
The NCWIT Collegiate Award, sponsored by HPE and Qualcomm, honors the outstanding technical accomplishments of collegiate women at all levels. Conferred annually, the NCWIT Collegiate Award recognizes technical contributions to projects that demonstrate a high level of creativity and potential impact.