Girls in ICT Day Tweetathon
The Girls in ICT initiative of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is a global effort to raise awareness on empowering and encouraging girls and young women to consider studies and careers in ICTs. The initiative is committed to celebrate and commemorate the International Girls in ICT Day on the fourth Thursday of every April as established by the ITU membership.
NCWIT and Intel have partnered to host a tweet-a-thon in honor of Girls in ICT Day on April 24, 2014. You'll have an opportunity to ask your questions to the tweet-a-thon participants; remember to use #AskGirlsinICT to ask your questions to our tweeters!
- Moderator: Shanna Cook, Intel Corporation: @IntelInvolved
- Kimberly Stevenson, Corporate Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Intel Corporation: @Kimsstevenson
- Bev Crair, General Manager, Storage Division, Intel Corporation: @bcrair
- Rose Schooler, Vice President, Intel Architecture Group (IAG), Intel Corporation: @RoseSchooler
- NCWIT: @NCWIT
- NCWIT Aspirations in Computing: @NCWITAiC
- Ashoka: @changemakers
- Ruthe Farmer, Chief Strategy & Growth Officer, NCWIT: @ruthef
- Barbara McAllister, Director of Strategy and Planning, Intel Corporation: @bhmcalli
- Khalia Braswell, AiC Alumane & NSBE PR Chair: @KhaliaBraswell
- Alfred Thompson, CSTA Board Member & HS Educator: @AlfredTwo
- Leigh Ann DeLyser, Curriculum Coordinator, Girls Who Code, CS Curriculum Consultant, Academy for Software Engineering: @lsudol
Details: Thursday, April 24, 2014 from 7:00 p.m.-7:45 p.m. EST