Aspirations in Computing Application: Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: Create an account
- If you do not yet have an account on aspirations.org, visit the registration page to create a new account.
- Select your account type and enter your e-mail address and password.
- After clicking "Create new account," you will be taken to a page to fill in your contact information.
- Complete this information and click "Save Contact Information".
Step 2: Complete your Aspirations.org profile
- Once you have filled in your contact information, you will be taken to your dashboard. Complete the tasks in the Account task list.
- First complete your profile. Complete each section of the profile.
- Select your school.
- You should see a list of schools in your state. You can further filter your search using the options provided.
- If you cannot find your school or you are home schooled, you may use the options at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Receiving Parent/Guardian Approval
- Please note: you do not need parent/guardian approval before you begin your application. However, you must have parent/guardian approval in order for your final application to be considered for scoring and review.
- Upon saving your profile, your parent/guardian will be sent an e-mail with a link to approve your participation in the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing. Have your parent/guardian click the link in the e-mail and follow the on-screen instructions to approve your participation.
- If your parent/guardian does not receive the original e-mail, you may send a new e-mail from your dashboard. Follow the instructions on your dashboard to resend the e-mail. The new link in this e-mail will also be valid for 24 hours.
- If your parent/guardian does not have an e-mail address or does not receive the approval e-mails, you may download the parent/guardian approval documents and upload them on your dashboard or in your profile.
Step 4: Create a New Application
- Once applications have opened, go to your dashboard and click "Create New Award Application."
Step 5: Complete Each Application Section
- You will see each application section listed on the left. You may go through the application in any order you wish.
- You can click on Save Progress to save your application and return to it at a later time.
- To return to your application, click on "Submit Award Application" from your dashboard.
Step 6: Submitting Your Application
- Once you have completed each section of the application and you are comfortable with your answers, click the "Submit Completed Application" button at the top of your application. You will be asked to confirm your submission.
- Please note: you will not be able to edit your application after you have clicked "Submit Completed Application".
Step 7: Receiving an Educator Endorsement
- After submitting your application, you are asked to provide the e-mail address of an educator. That educator receives an e-mail asking them to endorse your application. If your educator does not receive the endorsement e-mail, you may resend the e-mail from your dashboard.
- Please note: e-mail addressed used by schools, such as e-mail addresses ending in .k12.us, often have strong spam filters. Many times e-mails from aspirations.org do not go through to such accounts. It will be better to use a different e-mail address for your educator if possible.
Step 8: Encourage Your Educator to Apply for the NCWIT Educator Award
- Did you know NCWIT also offers an award for educators? Use the Encourage an Educator form to send a message to your educator and encourage them to apply for the NCWIT Educator Award!
After you have followed these steps, your application will be complete! If you have any technical difficulties regarding your application, approval or endorsement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other questions please contact email@example.com.