Aspirations in Computing Application Endorsements: Step-by-Step Guide
DEADLINE: Educator endorsements must be submitted by November 12, 2019.
When your student submitted the endorsement form, you should have received an email asking you to complete an endorsement. If you do not already have an account on aspirations.org, please follow the steps below.
If you did not receive an e-mail from aspirations.org, have your student follow the on-screen instructions on their dashboard to resend the e-mail to you. Please be sure to check junk and spam folders.
Step 1: Create an Educator Account on aspirations.org
- Go to www.aspirations.org/user/register. Select your account type and enter your e-mail address and password.
- After clicking "Create new account," you will be taken to a page to fill in your contact information.
- Complete this information and click "Save Contact Information".
- If you already have an account on aspirations.org, log into your account.
Step 2: Click on the link in your email OR your dashboard
- After your student has submitted their application, you will receive an email from aspirations.org. Click on the link in the email to complete the endorsement.
- Please note: you will only receive an email prompting you to complete the endorsement after your student submits their application.
- Alternatively, you may click on the button on your Educator Dashboard.
PLEASE NOTE: if the email address you used to register for your account is DIFFERENT than the email address entered by the student, the endorsement may not appear on your dashboard. In that case, you MUST use the link in your email.
Step 3: Accept and complete the Endorsement
- After clicking on the link in your email or dashboard, you will be taken to the accept or decline page. If you decline to endorse the application, the applicant will be notified.
- After accepting, complete the endorsement on the page. Please note there is a 250 word limit for the endorsement.
- You should see the endorsement listed in your Completed Endorsements section on your dashboard.
Step 4: Apply for the NCWIT Educator Award!
- Did you know that NCWIT also offers an award for educators such as yourself?
- Use the Educator Award Application Step-by-Step Guide to help you complete the application.
- As an Educator Award recipient, you can win cool prizes, up to $250 in cash, and up to $750 in professional development funds! Don't miss out on this opportunity!
Thank you for completing an endorsement for the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing!