NCWIT works with computing and technical leaders in the region to identify skill sets and training opportunities that align with employers’ needs. The end goal is to offer a diverse menu of online and in-person choices to those who qualify regardless of their location or schedule. These opportunities will be paid through the Digital Skills grant at no cost to the participant.
View the list of current technical training opportunities online.
Applicants must meet both NCWIT's eligibility and application requirements for this digital skills grant opportunity AND separate eligibility and application requirements for partnering providers. NCWIT requirements are below. For partnering providers, please refer to their websites.
Applicants must meet ALL of these requirements
- 1. Currently living in Alabama
- 2. Actively seeking employment in Alabama
- 3. Self-identify as a woman, genderqueer, or non-binary
- 4. US citizen or authorized to work in the US
- 5. Have not received previous funding for digital skills training from NCWIT
Applicants must meet ONE of these requirements
- A member of the Aspirations in Computing community OR
- Re-entering the workforce with interest in a computing/ technology career OR
- Considering changing careers with a new career in computing/ technology OR
- Already in a technical computing role but wish to advance their career with additional digital skill
- View the list of current technical training opportunities online.
- Ready to apply? Please fill out the application online.
- Watch this short application walkthrough video for more information.
- Interested, but want more information? Please complete the interest form.
- Interested in proposing your own course or training opportunity? Have questions about the technical training opportunities or Alabama Digital Skills Initiatives? Please contact the NCWIT Regional Initiatives team at [email protected].