Volunteer to Review AiC Award Applications
We Need YOU!
NCWIT receives thousands of AiC award applications each year; this year, NCWIT expects to receive 25 percent more. Hundreds of volunteers are needed to identify outstanding, aspirational technologists by sharing their insight into the world of computing. Sign up now, and download this flyer to share the opportunity to volunteer with colleagues and peers!
Why Should I Volunteer?
- Reviewing is convenient. Volunteer application reviewers complete application reviews at their own pace, and spend an average of three hours reviewing. Review whenever you have a free moment—at lunch, after work, anytime.
- Reviewing contributes towards required corporate volunteer hours. (Check with your company to see if being a volunteer application reviewer qualifies as required corporate volunteer hours.)
- Reviewing is rewarding. Not only will you be inspired by the next generation of technologists, but you can also participate in the AiC Award Application Reviewer Challenge to become eligible to receive prizes! (You can keep track of your progress on the Reviewer Dashboard, once you sign up).
When Can I Volunteer?
NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing (Award for AiC) Application Reviews are Closed.
The Award for AiC honors 9th-12th grade students who self-identify as women, genderqueer, or non-binary for their computing-related achievements and interests, and encourages them to pursue their passions.
- No technical background is required to review applications.
- To get started, register at aspirations.org/user, and select "Award Reviewer" as your role type.
- Additional Resources // Familiarize yourself with the Reviewer Site Usage Instructions and the Reviewer Instructions in advance.
- Join us for a live Reviewer Q&A session on November 19th at 6:00PM MT!
NCWIT Collegiate Award Final Round Application Reviews Close February 17
The NCWIT Collegiate Award honors the outstanding computing accomplishments of undergraduate and graduate students who self-identify as women, genderqueer, or non-binary. Conferred annually, the award recognizes technical contributions to projects that demonstrate a high level of innovation and potential impact.
- Technical background or expertise is necessary to review.
- To get started, visit college.aspirations.org, and create a new account as a “Reviewer.”
- Additional Resources // Familiarize yourself with the Reviewer Site User Instructions and the Reviewer Instructions in advance.
I Need Assistance.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any difficulties with your account registration.