Volunteer to Review AiC Applications
We Need YOU!
Do you want to be inspired by the next generation of technologists? Share your insight into the world of computing and technology by helping us identify outstanding young aspirational technologists! Volunteer to review Aspirations in Computing (AiC) Award applications now!
In 2018-19, AiC recognized a record number of awardees, which would not have been possible without our volunteer reviewers.
- 3,875 high school women were awarded the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing Award
- 62 collegiate women were Finalists for the NCWIT Collegiate Award, from which 6 Winners and 12 Honorable Mentions were selected.
- To identify our award recipients, volunteer reviewers completed a remarkable 13,778 reviews!
How can I get involved?
Volunteer to review 2019-20 applications! This year, our awards are expected to grow by 25%. We cannot recognize these phenomenal young women without your help. Sign up now and share the opportunity to volunteer with colleagues and peers!
Why get involved?
Ninety-five percent of AiC application reviewers report that it was a great experience!
Eighty-three percent of recipients stated that winning the AiC Award increased their confidence in their ability to pursue a career in tech.
- Corporate volunteer hours! Reviewing AiC applications can contribute toward your required corporate volunteer hours.
- Participate in our reviewer challenge to become one of our top reviewers and receive prizes! Keep track of your progress on the reviewer dashboard once you sign up.
- Reviewing is convenient. You can review applications on your computer whenever you have a free moment - at lunch, after work, anytime!
NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing Reviews Open November 13, 2019
The Award for Aspirations in Computing honors students in 9th through 12th grade who students who self-identify as women, genderqueer or non-binary, and who are active and interested in computing and technology.
- No technical background is required to review applications.
- Register at aspirations.org/user. Select "Award Reviewer" as your role type.
- Additional Resources: Familiarize yourself with the Reviewer Site Usage Instructions and the Reviewer Instructions in advance.
NCWIT Collegiate Award Preliminary Round Reviews Open October 24, 2019
The NCWIT Collegiate Award recognizes outstanding technical contributions to projects that demonstrate a high level of creativity and potential impact by undergraduate and graduate students who self-identify as women, genderqueer or non-binary.
- Technical background or expertise is necessary to review.
- Visit college.aspirations.org and create a new account as a Reviewer.
- Finalist Round application reviews will take place January 27, 2020 - February 17, 2020.
- Additional Resources: Familiarize yourself with the Reviewer Site User Instructions and the Reviewer Instructions in advance.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any difficulties with your account registration.