With support from the Honda Foundation, TECH CORPS will implement its Techie Workshop® program for 240 elementary/middle school students within Central Ohio.
Techie Workshop is a four hour experience designed specifically for elementary & middle school students. The goal of Techie Workshop is to engage students in activities that can stimulate a deeper interest in technology as well as provide opportunities for them to express their imaginations. Students can take a "deep dive" into Programming, Robotics, App Development or 3D Printing.
- There will be 12 workshops in Central Ohio and will be led by two TECH CORPS instructors.
- Families will be responsible for transportation and a snack/beverage.
- Workshop dates will be added as the events are confirmed.
October 15, 2021 from 10:00am - 2:00pm
Location: Columbus Metropolitan Library | Franklinton Branch, 1061 W. Town St., Columbus, OH 43222
Please plan to drop your student off no earlier than 9:50 am and pick up no later than 2:10 pm.
*This opportunity is only available to students in grades 4-6.
November 13, 2021 from 10:00am - 2:00pm
Location: Wogaman MS, 920 MacArthur Ave, Dayton, OH 45417
Please plan to drop your student off no earlier than 9:50 am and pick up no later than 2:40 pm.
*This opportunity is only available to students in grades 7-8.
November 13, 2021 from 1:00p - 5:00pm
Location: DECA Prep, 200 Homewood Avenue, Dayton, OH 45405
Please plan to drop your student off no earlier than 12:50p and pick up no later than 5:10 pm.
*This opportunity is only available to students in grades 3-4.
Student Selection Process:
Students interested in being selected to participate will need to complete the full application. Up to 20 students will be selected for each workshop based on their application (40 points) and short answer questions (60 points). Families will be notified of selection by email in addition to a phone call from a TECH CORPS staff member.
Once you begin this application, you are NOT able to save/return to it. Please be prepared to spend approximately 20 minutes to complete the application in one setting. Otherwise, you will have to start a new application. Below is a list of the sections of the application for quick reference:
- Student and Parent Information
- Student Open Response Questions
- Why do you want to attend this workshop?
- What interests you about STEM?
- Have you previously participated in a technology program or done something technology-related on your own? If so, please describe what you did.
- Student Emergency & Medical Information (only retained if student is accepted into the program)