University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Position #750903 – Requisition #22849
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) CRM Administrator position.
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Why Work for OIT?
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners. Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) officially formed in March of 2014 with the vision of becoming the primary organization that university constituents utilize to solve their information technology challenges. To meet this vision, it was clear that a culture that put our constituents at the center of our service offering was necessary. OIT began working to build a culture of six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE) through our focus on TEAM - Trust, Empower, Appreciate, and Motivate. In July of 2018, we launched a cohesive culture initiative targeting continued development, engagement, and alignment with our SPLICE values.
Our culture of SPLICE includes creating a workplace in which everyone feels a sense of belonging. Our Culture Engagement Team has led the effort to ensure employees feel heard and valued. Employee engagement is further driven through our internal recognition program where employees can appreciate one another publicly, while linking it back to our SPLICE values. We continue to make significant investments in leadership and management training for our directors, managers, and individual contributors to ensure we are not only reinforcing our values through the organization, but living them as well. Click here to find out more about OIT’s Culture are not only reinforcing our values through the organization, but living them as well.
We value our employees and strive to achieve work life balance, inclusivity, and a fun working environment. Click HERE to view testimonials from OIT Employees about why they enjoy working for OIT!
Nature of Work
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) service administrator. This full-time University Staff (non-classified) position serves in the Enterprise Applications and Services division and will report to the CRM Program Manager. This position exists to provide service implementation, application administration, technical support, and maintenance in support of CU’s Slate and Salesforce platforms. This position is responsible for ensuring the availability of critical services by providing performance management, capacity planning, configuration management, change management, monitoring, guidance and responding to service-related requests promptly and efficiently.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, database administration, server administration, website management, programming, desktop support, and help desk operations.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
Examples of Work Performed
- Responding to, analyzing, and determining necessary corrective actions for service events, incidents, and problems.
- Performing service configuration, patch, change, and upgrade management.
- Handling incidents, outages, and problem reports to describe issues encountered, root cause analysis, and actions taken for restoring normal service operation.
- Monitoring and ensuring service availability and reliability of production, test and development environments.
- Identifying, recommending, and implementing continual service improvement initiatives.
- Identify and author documentation for relevant configuration settings, processes, and procedures needed for administering the service; determine all documentation updates necessary due to a configuration change, patch or upgrade.
- Enable functional enhancements, both as requested by the business offices and as made available by new features added to Slate or Salesforce.
- Ensure continued accessibility and security of the CRM platforms.
- Coordinate and manage user testing with a focus on user experience.
- Ensure that data integrations with other systems are working properly. Configure new integrations as directed.
- Troubleshoot CRM-related issues (with any of the admissions processes), and communicate with the IT Service Center and business areas as appropriate.
- Train campus users on CRM functionality and features.
- Manage vendor support and serve as technical lead for focused calls and email discussions with the vendor.
- Coordinate with identity management, and other student initiatives such as the Unified Student Experience, UIS, and other IT service areas to ensure the proper data and integrations.
- Work with the OIT change management process to ensure visibility and compatibility of changes.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with CRM users from all business offices, as well as relevant partners like UIS, other campuses, CRM vendors, OIT program managers, Strategic Relations, and academic offices.
- Design, build and support configurations within the CRM system, attend to requests from CRM users.
- Provide innovative solutions for the overall architecture of the CRM system
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $58,481-$84,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Education and Training
- Completion of four years of college with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with major emphasis in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Product Management, or a closely related field is required.
- Work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the IT industry is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience with CRM systems
- M.B.A. or M.S. with emphasis on computer science, information systems, product management or software engineering
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in the IT industry is preferred.
- Operational IT experience within a governmental or higher education institution is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective administrator of technology who has a can-do attitude and a penchant for problem solving and executing solutions effectively with an agile mindset and a drive for results.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the University community, across multiple units and/or organizations, to develop tactical plans to facilitate and coordinate the delivery of CRM services.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to develop lasting relationships, and work well with others in a team setting.
- Skilled at explaining technical issues to a non-technical audience. Savvy with customer service.
- Ability to ask appropriate and meaningful questions to gain a clear understanding of technical issues and use this information to determine the most appropriate urgency and course of action
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and capable of handling frequent interruptions positively
- Strong analytical, prioritization, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail
- Ability to develop strong relationships with the University community and work collaboratively with CRM users
- Proven skills in developing, designing and implementing CRM systems
- Experience with supporting large scale enterprise systems
Conditions of Employment:
This position may require some occasional weekend and evening assignments as well as occasional availability during off-hours for participation in both scheduled and unscheduled activities.
This position is eligible for full-remote, hybrid, or on-site working locations. The work schedule will be based around core working hours in Colorado Mountain Time.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Parking expenses for employees are not covered by the university. To review parking options please visit the link below and select your appropriate campus:
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Sep 16, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: OIT Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00750903