University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology (OIT)
AV Classroom/Digital and Construction Support Program Manager
Position #001967– Requisition - #22965
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) AV Program Manager position.
Nature of Work
Technology Support Services (TSS) in the Office of Information Technology at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campuses is seeking a full-time exempt professional to oversee the day-to-day financial and administrative operations for AV Classroom and Conference Room Support Services and Construction Support in the Division. TSS supports the educational programs on both campuses with a variety of services through solutions and devices that enhance the quality and facilitation for effective interactions between faculty, staff, and students, in support of continuing education, clinical, research and administrative programs for higher education and health care professionals. Additionally, TSS is responsible for oversight of all AV installations in new buildings and renovations on both campuses.
Under the general direction of the Director, this individual oversees the AV Classroom Support Technology Services units of the University of Colorado Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus in support of the university’s instructional technology-based classrooms, distance learning rooms, and other conferencing facilities featuring audio and video systems, projection systems and computers. This individual would manage the investigation, testing, recommendation, deployment and integration of new instructional technologies to the university classrooms and conference spaces. This individual would work closely with the Telecom Specialists IVs to ensure efficient and responsive support services for both campuses by addressing policies, guidelines, processes, documentation and resources to meet our constituents’ needs.
Additionally, this individual would work with the planning and design/build construction teams for new buildings and renovation of existing spaces, providing consultation, recommendations for audio, video and digital technologies, and coordination with AV integrators with OIT network teams. The selected candidate should have an understanding of the evolving technologies used to access resources and the support of the educational, research and clinical missions of the university to meet business objectives in a high volume, fast paced environment.
The Program Manager is primarily responsible for day-to-day administrative operations, personnel, and fiscal management of AV Classroom Support staff. This position works directly with the Assistant Director and Director of the division to assist with project management and to determine AV operational directions focused on the goal to be the primary strategic business partner to all campus constituents.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, database administration, server administration, website management, programming, desktop support, and help desk operations.
Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.
This position will directly supervise the Telecom Specialist IVs of the AV Classroom Support Staff. (Two Telecom Specialist IVs who supervise the AV technical staff, and one Telecom Specialist IV responsible for AV Facilities Support). This individual manages daily operations, and completes performance plans, coaching sessions, and annual evaluation of these subordinates.
Examples of Work Performed
- Designs and develops AV system specifications and standards in conjunction with the Director and Assistant Director for hi-tech classrooms, distance learning classrooms, and all AV facilities.
- Prepares documentation and plans for AV Technical Services staff and outside AV design consultant use, ensuring that University AV Standards are being met.
- Acts as a liaison with construction contractors, project managers, AV integrators.
- Works with Classroom Managers to plan, develop schedules, and direct installation of new hi-tech classrooms, and AV equipped conferences spaces. Routinely coordinates AV Technical Service efforts with the University Facilities, outside architects/integrators, AV consultants, equipment AV distributors and manufacturer’s designers and engineers.
- Provide oversight of maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of classroom/conference AV equipment; develops short and long-term schedules for equipment upgrades and replacement in conjunction with the Facilities AV Support Manager.
- Attends seminars and courses to remain current on state-of-the-art technologies;
- Investigates new instructional technologies and makes specific equipment recommendations to the Director with supporting budgetary information.
- Works with the AV Facilities Telecom Specialist to develops and deploys instructional training and materials for University staff and faculty in proper use of new technologies;
- Makes recommendations for policies and procedures for operation of technologies;
- Maintains excellent working relationships with senior university administration, guests, faculty, students and staff, as well as outside AV consultants, equipment vendors and integrators.
- Evaluates, plans and oversees the setup of large events for programs such as commencement, Regents meetings, VIP ceremonies, and other events;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Provides fiscal and management leadership for all Classroom Technology Resource Services;
- Collaborates with the Director of the Division to develop and implement strategic plans to achieve the overall vision, mission, direction, goals and objectives of the division.
- Develops close working relationships with key stakeholders, including representatives from the Chancellor’s, Vice Chancellor’s, and Dean’s offices.
- Assists with the preparation of annual reports for central administration and affiliates with information regarding utilization, trends, and anticipated changes.
- Develops and maintains a culture of service orientation among the TSS staff and promotes our SPLICE and TEAM culture.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $70,178 to $85,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Graduation from an accredited College or University with a bachelor’s degree in instructional or media technologies, or related field
- Work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the degree.
- 4 or more years of supervisory experience
- 2 or more years of experience working in a related institutional environment
- 2-4 of years’ experience AV control systems design and programming
- Certification by International Communications Industries Assoc. (i.e.., ICIA, CTI, or AVIXA certifications).
- Experience in higher education, live event AV support planning and direction.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter, with a strong sense of proprietorship, ability to deliver results, and a passion for achieving the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Manage a team to deliver quality work on time and within budgetary guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, with a strong initiative to engage with active management of service personnel.
- Superior productivity and attention to details.
- Excellent tact, problem solving, multitasking, effective time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, be decisive, observant and innovative.
- Ability to document processes, directives, and provide clear instructions.
- Works well in a team-oriented environment, supporting the team in providing superior customer service.
- Experience with evolving technologies, a willingness to learn and adapt to innovative changes in all areas (AV design and construction standards, classrooms, recording and video media, internet and computing technologies, and basic knowledge of servers and thin clients).
- Ability to promote SPLICE and TEAM values through example.
- Ability to manage a customer-facing role in a service-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with people;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills; and
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
Conditions of Employment:
This position may require some occasional weekend and evening assignments as well as occasional availability during off-hours for participation in both scheduled and unscheduled activities.
This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule of locally remote work and on-site working locations. The work schedule will be based around core working hours in Colorado Mountain Time.
Must be willing and able to report to and travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Parking expenses for employees are not covered by the university. To review parking options please visit the link below and select your appropriate campus:
How to Apply:
Applications accepted electronically: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=22965&lang=en
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.