Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Product Designer to help us design our core product and build the foundation for the design practice (including contributing to our design system). As one of the first hires on the design team, you’ll have a big opportunity to influence and shape our product, our design and research processes, and our team culture. You’ll report directly to our Head of Design.
What you'll do
- Partner with PMs, Engineers, and other cross functional stakeholders to define and design our core product experience
- Contribute to our nascent design system
- Drive research to understand our customers’ needs and pain points, to validate designs, and to use those insights to improve our product experience
What we're looking for
- 3–5 years of experience of product design at a tech company (please include your online portfolio in your application)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (engineering, product management, marketing, etc)
- Ability to drive an end-to-end design process with little guidance or supervision
- Ability to explain your process and design decisions to your cross-functional partners
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
You will thrive if
- You enjoy building things from zero to one
- You want to bring consumer-level design to the B2B industry
- You operate under a service mindset — we’re here to serve our customers, not our egos
- You enjoy turning complex problems into elegant solutions
- Base salary range for this position is $81,000 - $139,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.