Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build out our Quality Engineering function. You’ll have an opportunity to create the systems, processes, and frameworks that help us ensure we’re delivering the best possible experience for our customers.
What you'll do
- Be a founding engineer for a team focused on independent verification of the most complex parts of MainStreet’s systems, such as billing, payments, and data pipelines.
- Create the tools and frameworks for our teams to successfully test “the hard parts”. Potential examples include: Synthetic data repository, Latency detection, Static analysis systems, Real-time monitoring and alerting.
- Help us build a quality engineering focus for each stage of the product development process.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer with a focus on quality engineering or independent verification efforts
- Experience building and operating broad-scale functional test frameworks and systems focused on data collection and analysis with an emphasis on improving product quality
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior developers
- Experience operating cross functionally with Engineering, Product, and Design teams to influence culture around quality engineering efforts.
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
- Bonus if you have FinTech domain experience or familiarity with managing external contracting resources focused on Quality Assurance
- Base salary range for this position is $122,000 - $200,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.