Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help us build and scale the infrastructure and processes used by the Product Engineering organization. You’d join as the third member of our SRE team so you’d have a chance to directly influence the roadmap and technology choices as we rapidly scale our team and infra. You’ll be responsible for shaping building things like our deployment, monitoring and alerting, telemetry and tracing infrastructure.
What you'll do
- Help define the future of and contribute directly to MainStreet’s infrastructure
- Partner with Product teams to ensure the underlying platforms and services they need to power their products are ready to scale
- Help us define how to monitor the availability and provide a holistic view of MainStreet Engineering’s system health
- Measure and optimize system performance in service of providing a top notch customer experience
- Borrow from your experience to help us uplevel our team’s technology and processes as we scale and iterate rapidly
- Be a steward of core security and design principles
What we're looking for
- 2+ years experience building and maintaining production systems with a focus on Devops or Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience with infrastructure automation tooling such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with maintaining monitoring and alerting systems
- Someone who can own and drive technical decisions with a grounding in solving problems for our customers and business
- Someone that thrives in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- Someone comfortable with working cross functionally across multiple functions: Engineering, Product, Design, IT, Operations
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
- Bonus if you have: Deep understanding of Google Cloud PlatformPrior experience with Incident ManagementFamiliarity with TypeScriptExperience with stewardship of SOC2 compliance processesExperience hosting and monitoring a production React/Express ApplicationPassion for startups, finance, accounting, and taxes, or all of the above
- Base salary range for this position is $104,000 - $180,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position in addition to location
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k plus additional perks to make your work from home life better
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.