NCWIT Educator Award: Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: Create an account
- If you do not yet have an account on aspirations.org, visit the registration page to create a new account.
- Select your account type and enter your e-mail address and password.
- After clicking "Create new account," you will be taken to a page to fill in your contact information.
- Complete this information and click "Save Contact Information".
Step 2: Complete your Aspirations.org profile
- Once you have filled in your contact information, you will be taken to your dashboard. Complete the tasks in the Account task list.
- First complete your profile. Complete each section of the profile.
- Select your school.
- You should see a list of schools in your state. You can further filter your search using the options provided.
- If you cannot find your school, you may use the options at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Endorse a student application
- Please note: you do not need to endorse a student before you begin your application. However, you must have an endorsement completed in order for your final application to be considered for scoring and review.
- Use the Educator Endorsement Step-by-Step Guide to help you complete the endorsement.
Step 4: Create a New Application
- Once applications have opened, go to your dashboard and click "Create New Award Application."
Step 5: Complete Each Application Section
- You will see each application section listed on the left. You may go through the application in any order you wish.
- You can click on Save Progress to save your application and return to it at a later time.
- To return to your application, click on "Submit Award Application" from your dashboard.
Step 6: Submitting Your Application
- Once you have completed each section of the application and you are comfortable with your answers, click the "Submit Completed Application" button at the top of your application. You will be asked to confirm your submission.
- Please note: you will not be able to edit your application after you have clicked "Submit Completed Application".
Step 7: Encourage more students and educators to apply!
- Reach out to as many students and educators as you can and get them to apply for the awards!
After you have followed these steps, your application will be complete! If you have any technical difficulties regarding your application, or the student endorsement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other questions please contact email@example.com.