Los Alamos National Laboratory Internships
Los Alamos National Laboratory is hiring summer 2020 interns through the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Environmental Management Minority Serving Institution Partnership Program. They are looking for undergraduate and graduate students who attend an accredited minority serving institution and are majoring in Bioscience, Computing, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geosciences, Mathematics & Statistics, Physics, and Physical Sciences.
Office of Environmental Management-Minority Serving Institution Partnership Program: https://orise.orau.gov/msipp/locations/los-alamos.html.
Deadline: January 20, 2020
The internship titles are:
- Development of synthetic antibodies against antibiotic-resistant biothreats
- Environmental Compliance Intern
- Environmental Stewardship and Pollution Prevention Internship
- Field-scale geochemical tracer modeling and data analysis to identify potential tracer source
- IOT Sensor Development to Aid in Agricultural Frost Prediction
- Laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) Process Monitor
- Modeling the evolution and signatures of microbiomes that influence soil carbon storage and release
- Soil, Foodstuffs, and Biota Monitoring Internship
- Wildlife and Environmental Health
DOE Office of Science, Office of Workforce Development
Deadline: January 9, 2020
- Community College Internships: https://science.osti.gov/wdts/cci
- Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships: https://science.osti.gov/wdts/suli
Recent LANL intern project examples are available at https://www.lanl.gov/careers/career-options/student-internships/_assets/docs/project%20description%20book.pdf.