Expedia Summer Developer Apprenticeship
Welcome to the 2017 Expedia Summer Developer Apprenticeship Program! Expedia is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join the Expedia engineering team this summer.
We are a fast-paced, results-driven and fun loving group of people. We are very diverse, located in the US, Europe and India. We operate as small, agile teams of 5 to 10 people in developer, tester and technical product manager roles.
Apprentices will work in pairs and will have a dedicated mentor to help with work assignments and getting adjusted to the team. Collaboration and coaching are our priorities and every team member is passionate about ensuring this will be a fun and rewarding experience for all our apprentices.
If you are a hard worker and eager to learn from some of the best engineers in the industry, we want to hear from you!
Job Description – Developer Apprentice
As a Developer Apprentice, you will work closely with other members of the team to build out and maintain Expedia sites and features, on a variety of platforms. You will have the opportunity to gain real-world work experience while developing your programming skills and exploring new career paths.
In this position you will be exposed to a wide range of software development processes and cutting-edge technologies and roles, and gain a better understanding of the travel industry.
Bring your creativity, communication skills, technical abilities, and desire to learn, and join us as we solidify our position as the leaders in travel.
• Work closely with engineering, product, and design teams to enhance and maintain Expedia sites and tools
• Learn and utilize new languages beyond what you already know
• Make contributions to the common codebase
• Participate in daily standups and weekly demos to showcase your work
• Girls Who Code Summer Immersion program graduates or Aspirations in Computing Award recipients who will be living in the Seattle, San Francisco or Chicago area during the summer
• Desire to learn in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to work in a team and collaborate with people in different roles, teams and location
• Have a demonstrated interest in technology and mobile apps
• Be available to work full time, 40 hours per week, for eight consecutive weeks starting on June 26 2017.
Developer Apprenticeship - SF (https://expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/search/job/USA---California-...)
Developer Apprenticeship - Chicago (https://expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/search/job/USA---Illinois---...)
Developer Apprenticeship - Bellevue (https://expedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/search/job/USA---Washington-...)