AiC Members In The News! (September #1)
Our AiC Community are always up to some pretty amazing things. Each week we'll highlight a few.
- The challenges of University of California, Berkeley’s College of Engineering won’t be anything new to Megan Handley, according to a recent write-up on Noozhawk.com. During her time at Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy, Megan earned both an AA degree and a high school diploma, started a Women in Technology club for Dos Pueblos' high school as well as a Girls Who Code club, and she co-founded Dos Pueblos' writing center. Look out Berkeley!
- AiC Community Member Sydney Turner grew up just three short miles from University Park Campus and has been taking classes at the University of Southern California since sixth grade. She may be a first-generation college student, but she’s right at home on USC's campus. Sydney's story was featured in USC News.
- “When the going gets tough, Xyla puts in more time, energy, and strategic thought. This combination of talent and will can be hard to find, and Xyla exemplifies it,” said Parihug Investor Danielle Strachman in a recent issue of Clevelend Business about AiC Community Member and Founder of Parihug, Xyla Foxlin.
- Two AiC Community had two members named in Her Campus’ 2016 "22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women."
- Leading a robotics team to a first place championship? Building a portable and sustainable energy-harvesting device? Creating a personal electronics laboratory? Teaching math and robotics to underprivileged girls? All in a day’s work for Farita Tasnim: http://bit.ly/2ba440c
- And the inspiring Mastermind behind ProjectCSGirls, Pooja Chandrashekar: http://bit.ly/2bJX3jl
Are you an AiC Community Member who's been in the news? Let us know: email@example.com