AiC Members - In The News! (April 2017)
- “We all have stories to tell and we all have communities we love, let’s make technology for us and for those communities.” // We are so proud of AiC Community Member Kaya Thomas and her amazing app, “We Read Too.” Read More.
- “Whether it is technology used to track species, measure pollution, or engage people in new ways of thinking, she is keyed into the power of technology to transform our experience and understanding of the world.” ~ Computer Science Teacher Ben Smith on AiC Community Member Marguerite Tate. Read More.
- AiC Community Member Akshara Anand spoke to her local news station, KXAN, about her AspireIT program, the STEMInnovation Club. Go, Akshara! Read More.
- Congratulations to AiC Community Members Keren Herran and Alexandra Jung! Their team’s app, “NanoScience,” was selected as a winner in the Pitney Bowes STEM Education Challenge for the World Series of Innovation, out of more than 1,500 registered teams! "NanoScience" helps users to "learn about one or more STEM topics in a way that illustrates how that topic is important." Check out their winning submission.
- “The people of Iowa State, my advisors, my professors, my peers, the staff, everyone, were to this day some of the nicest, warmest people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. I know that I wouldn’t be where I am today without the empowering opportunities ISU presented to me.” // Congratulations to AiC Community Member Cassidy Williams on being named a 2017 Iowa STATEmentMaker! Read More.