Washington: Eastern Washington
The Washington State University affiliate of the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) is proud to host the Award for Aspirations in Computing for students in Eastern Washington. Award recipients are selected for their aptitude and interest in IT and computing, solid leadership ability, good academic history, and plans for post-secondary education.
APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED for the 2020 Aspirations in Computing award! However, if you're a high school student who identifies as female and are interested in computing, please apply for this great award during the next round. Applications will open on Sep. 1, 2020. You can win at so many different levels, and all awardees become part of the ever-expanding Aspirations community which includes a Facebook group for networking, scholarship, and internship opportunities. For more information, see https://www/aspirations.org.
The 2020 Eastern Washington Affiliate awardees have been chosen and will be honored at the Fifth Annual Eastern Washington Affiliate Award Ceremony and Banquet to be held at the Brelsford WSU Visitor Center on Tuesday evening, March 31, 2020. If you're interested in serving as a sponsor for this event, please contact Shira Broschat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the 2020 Eastern Washington Affiliate awardees! Congratulations to them all!
- Xitlali Cruz, Quincy High School, National and Affiliate Winner
- Meghna Dutta, Pullman High School, National Honorable Mention and Affiliate Winner
- Alyssa Huntington, Delta High School, National Honorable Mention and Affiliate Winner
- Evelyn Barragan, Othello High School, Affiliate Winner
- Nora Medina, Quincy High School, Affiliate Winner
- Marisa Mendoza, Cheney High School, Affiliate Winner
- Sophya Wu, Pullman High School, Affiliate Winner
- Melissa Lopez-Barbosa, Ellensburg High School, Affiliate Honorable Mention
- Amethyst Martinez, Ellensburg High School, Affiliate Honorable Mention
- Cristal Meza, Delta High School, Affiliate Honorable Mention
- Sophie Hanson, Ellensburg High School, Rising Star
- Jordan Nestor, Wilbur Secondary School, Rising Star
- Hannah Phanitchob, Ellensburg High School, Rising Star
- Shelly Charlton, Chelan High School, Educator Winner
- Juan Pore, Quincy High School, Educator Honorable Mention
- Ehdieh Khaledian, Washington State University, Collegiate Finalist
If you have any questions, please send them to Shira Broschat, the AiC Coordinator and committee chair at the email address below.
Shira L. Broschat
AiC Coordinator, Eastern Washington
President and Founder
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA