Washington: Eastern Washington
The Washington State University affiliate of the National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) is proud to host the Award for Aspirations in Computing for students in Eastern Washington. Award recipients are selected for their aptitude and interest in IT and computing, solid leadership ability, good academic history, and plans for post-secondary education.
APPLICATIONS are now closed for the 2021 awards, but please stay tuned for the 2022 award season! If you identify as a female and are a high school student who's interested in computing, please apply! You can win at so many different levels, and all awardees become part of the ever-expanding Aspirations community which includes a Facebook group for networking, scholarship, and internship opportunities. For more information, see https://www/aspirations.org.
Here's a short video on the high school award: https://vimeo.com/360377981
Below are the 2021 Eastern Washington Affiliate awardees! Congratulations to them all!
- Meghna Dutta, Pullman High School, National Honorable Mention and Affiliate Winner
- Anna Gonzalez, Othello High School, National Honorable Mention and Affiliate Winner
- Xitlali Cruz, Chelan High School, Affiliate Winner
- Chloe Winkler, Odessa High School, Affiliate Winner
- Ella Armstead, Washington Virtual Academy Omak High School, Affiliate Honorable Mention
- Maz Brophy, Rogers High School, Affiliate Honorable Mention
- Sheyla Gonzalez, Quincy High School, Affiliate Honorable Mention
- Kyriana Nardecchia, Charles Francis Adams High School, Affiliate Honorable Mention
- Hannah Phanitchob, Ellensburg High School, Affiliate Honorable Mention
- Ariel Lin, Pullman High School, Affiliate Rising Star
- Kari Page, Rogers High School, Affiliate Rising Star
- Juan Pore, Quincy High School, Educator Winner
If you have any questions, please send them to Shira Broschat, the AiC Coordinator and committee chair at the email address below.
Shira L. Broschat
AiC Coordinator, Eastern Washington
President and Founder
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA