STEM to Market: The AWIS Accelerator
The application for the Bay Area cohort of STEM to Market: The AWIS Accelerator is now open! STEM to Market: The AWIS Accelerator is a unique program designed to help STEM-trained women transform their research into market-ready products that make customers’ lives better. If you:
- Are in or near the Bay Area,
- Identify as a woman,
- Have training or experience in one or more STEM field(s),
- Have STEM research you want to commercialize,
- Have already made some investment in your idea, and
- Can commit to the course requirements.
The program is free to accepted participants, thanks to funding from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. The application deadline is June 30, 2017.
Building on 46 years of AWIS experience, STEM to Market: The AWIS Accelerator is the first accelerator program tailored to the needs of women in STEM. STEM to Market combines your scientific expertise with the specialized knowledge, mentorship, and community you need to build a solid foundation and navigate the challenging technology transfer and start-up worlds. Through the ten-month program, you will:
- Receive customized commercialization training and support;
- Become part of a network and community of STEM entrepreneurs, experts, and investors;
- Access mentoring and advising from successful entrepreneurs, investors, funders, and market experts to help you build your product and/or company;
- Develop strong connections to the investment community.
We are excited to travel with you on your commercialization journey!
Not near the Bay Area? Sign up for the waitlist for our program coming soon to Chicago and we’ll notify you when the applications are open.